In days gone by two years, we have witnessed, a variety of actions, and inter – relationships, far diverse from ever before, in recent memory! Whether the first is a strong supporter, agrees with, strongly disagrees, or opponent of President Trump, what we are observing, transcends politics! Rather, the possibility ramifications could be long – lasting, since they relate to certain essential aspects of the United States Constitution, such as Balance of Powers, as well as the basic principles of freedoms, justice, and liberty, for all, etc. Regardless of one’s political beliefs, etc, we have to all agree, what’s going on, these days, simply, isn’t NORMAL! With that in mind, this article will attempt to briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss, while using mnemonic approach, the lasting risks, and ramifications, to what we have always, proudly, considered, the American lifestyle.
1. Needs: Until days gone by couple of decades, politicians were able to pursue bipartisan solutions, and earn compromises, to get the necessary, meeting – of – the – minds, for the common good, specially when it located essential needs, goals, and standards of living. Although, often, far, from perfect, most would reach, throughout the aisle, when it found helping others, in need of assistance, especially because of emergencies, etc. One need only observe, President Donald Trump’s rhetoric and actions, after having a hurricane, about the devastation in Puerto Rico, as compared to areas, which supported him, politically, to understand, we are in abnormal times!
2. Options; objectives: This President’s rhetorical fixation on his slogan, of Make America Great Again, indicates, a sort of revisionist history, looking backward, with an over – hyped past, as an alternative to considering relevant, sustainable needs, and challenges, for that future! It seems his objectives, are, often, oriented, more, towards his personal/ political agenda, and self – interest, compared to common good. There has been little indication, he is willing to consider and evaluate numerous options, unless they support these!
3. Relevant; realistic; responsive: Times, and challenges, change, and, our greatest leaders, have realized, there was a need to evolve, and think, outside – the – box. Mr. Trump has gave the impression to avoid relevant solutions, and denied reality, when it served his purposes! We need a leader, that is responsive to our citizen’s needs, in a timely, responsive way!
4. Motivating: While self – serving actions may inspire, and motivate core supporters, we’d like a President, who seeks to become inspiring and motivating, by his positive rhetoric, and also actions!
5. Actions; attitude: In earlier times, our Presidents appeared to maintain a positive, can – do, attitude, in contrast to, the present occupant in the highest office, inside the land, who appears to be prefer, an oppositional, polarizing approach! Observe, the actions, rather than merely, the often – empty, rhetoric!
6. Listen; learn; leadership: Americans deserve an innovator, willing and able to effectively listen, and learn, as a way to proceed, using the utmost level of genuine empathy! That is the core of the items, has long been considered, American leadership!
Wake up, America, and realize, today, are extremely, not, NORMAL! Are you ready, willing, and able, to visualize your personal responsibility, by insisting, elected officials, represent you, instead of their personal/ political agenda, and self – interest?